One of our favorite recipes is this one for Chicken Piccata. We have here two variations, depending one what kind of pasta you prefer and how much chicken you want to use.
- Either thin sliced chicken breasts or chicken tenders.
- Farfalle or fettucinni pasta for number of persons chicken will serve. Possibly a little more pasta if using chicken tenders.
- Juice from two squeezed medium lemons (1/4 cup).
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- 1/4 cup of Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc wine.
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil.
- 3-4 Tbls of unsalted butter.
- salt to your taste, we usually do not add unless ingredients are low salt.
- 2-3 Tbls capers.
- 2 cloves minced garlic.
- small amount of flour to dredge chicken.
Preheat oven to 425 for finishing chicken. Start your farfalle or fettuccini pasta at this time also.
Take your sliced chicken or chicken tenders and place between to sheets of wax paper and pound with a tenderizing hammer until thin. Dredge chicken in flour and pan fry in olive oil for 2 min per side then put on a sheet and place in oven for another 8-10 min while you prepare the sauce.
Add lemon juice/broth/wine mixture and 2-3 Tbls butter, capers and minced garlic. Partially crush capers to release flavor. Simmer until reduced by half. Return chicken to skillet and add 1-2 Tbls of butter and simmer until butter is melted and blended. If using chicken tenders I recommend cutting into bite size pieces. Add pasta and mix with sauce, plate and serve.