This a Profile Reduce (reboot) plan version of one of my favorite soups.
- 1 lb or less of fresh chicken sausage (This can be links or bulk, hot or sweet)
- 4-5 Fresh carrots (peeled and cut up)
- 2-3 stalks celery diced
- 4-5 Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 cup Okra slices (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 32 oz low salt chicken broth or stock (extra 32 oz container if you are using bulk sausage)
- 1/2 package of Kale leaves
- 2-3 Tb of Italian seasoning
- Salt to your comfort level, the less the better
If you are not on the Sanford Reboot plan and are allowed carbs you can either substitute or add 1 lb of cut up red potatoes.
Boil your links about 20 min in enough water to cover the sausage. I put it in the same large pot I was going to make the soup.
If you are using bulk sausage cook the sausage in a skillet and then add to the soup pot after it is done.
Cook your chopped onion, diced celery and mushrooms together seasoning with salt to taste.
After 20 minutes set sausage links out to cool a little bit (check internal temp to make sure it is at least 170 degrees F).
When sausage is cooled about 10 min, slice into 1/3 inch pieces. Add Sausage and 32-64 oz of chicken stock to soup pot along with your onion-celery-mushroom mix, carrots, okra and/or potatoes. Leave enough room to add Kale after simmering until after Carrots/potatoes/okra are about 1/2 done. Add seasoning/salt
and then 1/2 package of fresh Kale leaves. Cook until Kale is done. You can add 2-4 cups of water after Kale is cooked down a little, depending on how much liquid you want and how large your pot is.
Sanford Profile reboot planners are allowed 3 oz of sausage which amounts to about 6 slices. I doubt you will have to worry about exceeding your carrot allowance.