- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Several Pods of minced and crushed garlic
- 1 chopped and sauteed bell pepper
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbs Central Market bulk Italian spices
- Salt if desired
- 1/2 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Merlot
- 1 Tbs of Italian spices crushed with fingers as you add to the sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients Turkey and Bread Crumbs together and then added eggs, spices, garlic and crushed tomatoes. Mix some more and stir in the bell pepper. Add salt if you like but I prefer to use the salt already in the tomatoes. Form loaf in a bread pan and bake for about an hour. Make sure meat thermometer shows temperature adequate for poultry. While loaf is baking use the remaining crushed tomatoes to make a sauce.
Basic Merlot Marinara Sauce
Simmer sauce for 1/2 hour, adding more water if it thickens too much.
Cook some pasta and when the loaf is ready and cooled long enough to set up, then serve over pasta with the Merlot Marinara Sauce.